Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grey day


Just titled that because that happens to be the weather for the past 48 hours or so.

Im amused by last night. Not only did i make use of my smartphone for more than goofing off, i also made sure i got my money back yesterday after a double charge.

Rewind.

Dled an app called Perfect Shopping List. It lets you type in the item, quantity, and cost as you make a list. Then you just tap the things off the list and it adds up your bill for you as you go. Quick, easy, handy. I went to walfart and used it for groceries, but i realized its just as useful for home improvement by allowing you to cutom enter pretty much all the necessary data.

When i went to Denny's with @sayax this past saturday, i paid for my meal and it posted on monday... twice. The manager didnt believe me at first until (again on my G1) showed him my bank account charges. He apologized profusely after that and sat me down to a free meal, asked for my info, and, as of this morning, had the one of the charges refunded to me. Well done, Denny's. I actually like that one too.

While i maintain my position that "the worst a potential employer can tell me is no", i am mildly annoyed that i came to my current job with the intent to be eventually armed. It turns out that if I were armed, id have a much better paying job right now. That said, im not terribly upset by it, just annoyed at the irony. There are still two other companies ive yet to hear from.

The place i am working has its nice benefits, but im not satisfied with myself yet. Im worth and capable of more. Still, they had  a secret shopper who said i was "pleasant" in her report.

This has no real form. Its more or less a freeform stream that my writers mind is fishing ideas from. I think thats about everything for now though. There is that old backhanded blessing. "May you live in interesting times." Well. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment