Saturday, April 3, 2010

First Post

I don't often write anymore for the sole reason that I hardly feel like I have much to add to the world in the way of useful, original, and insightful content.

I end up looking around online and seeing so many of my own words being echoed in forums, other blogs, and articles online.

It's not that I am incapable of writing materials, more that my writing had been so driven by my emotions when I was younger, I now feel as though my current form lacks the passion (or fury) of my original writing. It doesn't feel potent to me when I read it back to myself. Granted, a certain irony is found in reading something I've written and expecting it to sound fresh.

@IcemanAsakura came by today and we watched the first 3 episodes of The Pacific. It was enjoyable to sit down and watch something good on the LCD TV in full quality. Afterward, I was happy to hear that his gf expressed a desire to learn how to shoot and took him out back with the .22 Short Minx pistol to see if it'd fit her needs. After 3 shots, he said it likely would. Good deal.

It would appear that my workplace is finally settling in some ways. The ladies there seem to have accepted me as a fixture in the branch and don't panic at the slightest thing as often. I also appreciate they don't see me as purely an errand boy when they order food from the surrounding take-out places.

I do have a number of stories about the bums that tend to surround where I work as well. I may need to start writing them from time to time, just so that I don't forget them. I remember that my pool days offered me a great many stories which could be told for "great justice".

I don't intend to be at the branch forever though... Someday soon I'd like to either be signing myself into the US Army Reserve or the National Guard as an MP or onto one of the surrounding Police Departments. I've little care to remain in my current position. I have someone to care for beyond myself and in my work, I tend to be a service-oriented person rather than personal gain. It's one reason I never did enjoy commissioned sales from either of the times I had been in it.

All the same, a first post it is. Let's see where this one takes us.

1 comment: